“Accelerating Collaborative Research” Webinar
Action CIND is hosting a free webinar with Linda Tannenbaum, Founder, CEO/President of the Open Medicine Foundation (www.omf.ngo) titled “Accelerating Collaborative Research”.
Join us for this webinar on August 21st at 3:00pm ET. You can register here:
Linda has been on a world-wide tour to discuss their research and will join us to share details of their research with our audience. Time will be allotted for Q&A.
The Open Medicine Foundation is spearheading chronic complex disease research that follows patterns of success and benefits from collaborating with leading scientists and clinicians from around the globe. The current focus is on Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME) with the expectation that discoveries in this disease will bring answers to other diseases that share some of the symptoms (such as fibromyalgia and Lyme disease).
Our guest will provide updates on OMF’s current funded research projects:
- Severely Ill Big Data Study
- Metabolomics Validation Study
- ME/CFS Collaborative Research Center at Stanford
- ME/CFS Collaborative Research Center at Harvard
- Uppsala University, Sweden
If you struggle with ME or a chronic complex illness, you’ll want to tune in to this webinar.
We ask that you please let others know about this webinar.
2019 marks the 27th anniversary of May 12th International Awareness Day. As one of our education initiatives, we promote the day around the world and encourage people to participate in in the many activities that are planned. Additional information can be found on our website www.may12th.org.
Join Action CIND as a supporter and receive additional benefits. The cost is $30 per year. Please complete this form and mail to our office. We are working on developing our benefit package. Currently we offer the following:
- It is known that peer support can be very beneficial for individuals battling illness. Unfortunately for CIND patients, there are very few support groups available and many patients are not well enough to attend even if a group was available. We are aware of an organization that provides an online self-help group. They are the CFIDS & Fibromyalgia Self Help Program (http://www.cfidsselfhelp.org/) . They have excellent programs you can take from home. They charge a nominal fee. To assist with the costs, Action CIND will make available to members in good standing, a bursary in the amount of $10 Canadian upon completion of one of their online programs.
- Applying for CPP Disability and other coverages is a daunting task. Knowing what to do is a challenge. Our legal professionals have agreed to provide one pro-bono counselling session to any member in good standing that requires some support and direction. Often you can deal with the system on your own. Some do choose to hire professionals or legal aid due to the overwhelming nature of the task. Our lawyers will help you to understand the process so you can make informed choices.
- For Ontario supporters, our Disability Consultant has experience reviewing legal bills for disability support cases for any evidence of double billing. This issue has recently been reported in the Toronto Star. Our consultant will review your initial contract and legal bills, providing the bill was issued less than 2 years ago. Should there be evidence of over billing, they will recommend a course of action.
- Our Disability Consultant is a former lawyer and past chair of the Canada Pension Plan review tribunals for the greater Mississauga and Toronto area. She has considerable experience assisting clients successfully apply and obtain disability benefits. As a Disability Consultant, she has offered to speak with Ontario supporters for 20 minutes free of charge, to understand your situation and assess your chances of getting accepted for these disability benefits. If you are interested in her services, she will offer a substantially discounted hourly rate to help guide you through the process of obtaining disability benefits. Certainly she can suggest things you can do to improve your chances of success.
Be part of our team! Volunteering allows you to directly participate in Action CIND program work. We are always looking for volunteers and can find you something that meets your needs. Please Contact US for more information.
The following list of websites are made available to help you find information about May 12th International Awareness Day, the illnesses or supporting organizations.
If you know of any items that should be added, please “Contact Us”.
The Hummingbirds’ Foundation for M.E. (HFME) – www.hfme.org
Belgium ME/CFS Association – www.me-cvs.be
R.E.D. Laboratories – www.redlabs.be
Action CIND – www.actioncind.org
Association Québécoise de l’Encéphalomyélite Myalgique (AQEM) – www.aqem.org
Brockville M.E Association – www.brockvilleme-fm.ca
Environmental Health Association of Ontario – www.ehaontario.ca
Fibromyalgia London Group – www.fibrolondongroup.ca
Kitchener-Waterloo Fibromyalgia Support Group – www.kwfibromyalgia.webs.com
MEFM Societies of BC – www.mefm.bc.ca
Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Association of Ontario (MEAO) – www.meao.ca
National ME/FM Action Network – www.mefmaction.com
Nightingale Research Foundation, Canada – www.nightingale.ca
Nova Scotia Environmental Health Centre – www.cdha.nshealth.ca/environmental-health-centre
Waterloo Wellington Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Association – www.wwmea.ca
Dansk ME Forening – me-foreningen.dk
Fatigatio eV – www.fatigatio.de
Het Alternatief – www.hetalternatief.org
CINDpedia – www.cindpedia.org
International Association for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/Myalgic Encephalomyelitis – www.iacfsme.org
Irish ME/CFS Association – www.irishmecfs.org
Irish ME Trust – www.imet.ie
Associazione Malati di CFS – www.associazionecfs.it
Norges ME-forening – www.me-forening.no
Liga SFC – www.ligasfc.org
Verein CFS Schweiz – www.verein-me-cfs.ch
United States of America
CFIDS Association of America – www.cfids.org
CFIDS & Fibromyalgia Self-Help Program – www.cfidsselfhelp.org
Dr. Charles Lapp – Hunter-Hopkins Center – www.drlapp.net
Dr. Jacob Teitelbaum – www.endfatigue.com
Dr. Leonard Jason – DePaul University CFS Research – condor.depaul.edu/~ljason/cfs/
Environmental Working Group (EWG) – www.ewg.org
Health Rising – www.healthrising.org
International Association for CFS/ME – www.iacfsme.org
Invisible Diseases – www.invisiblediseases.com
MCS America – www.mcs-america.org
ME Action – www.meaction.net
ME-CFSKnowledgeCenter.com – www.cfsknowledgecenter.com
National CFIDS Foundation – www.ncf-net.org
National Fibromyalgia Association (NFA) – www.fmaware.org
Phoenix Rising – forums.phoenixrising.me
Prohealth Library – www.prohealth.com/library/index.cfm
Whittemore Peterson Institute for Neuro Immune Disease – www.wpinstitute.org
Association of Young People with ME – www.ayme.org.uk
Dr Sarah Myhill MB BS – www.drmyhill.co.uk
Invest in ME UK – www.investinme.org
ME Association – www.meassociation.org.uk
ME Research UK – www.meresearch.org.uk
ME Support – www.mesupport.co.uk
Stone Bird – www.stonebird.co.uk
TYMES Trust (The Young ME Sufferers Trust) – www.tymestrust.org